ORGANISATION/COMPANYRUĐER BOŠKOVIĆ INSTITUTE
RESEARCH FIELDTechnology › Biotechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE27/11/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONCroatia › Zagreb
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
Research Associate position in Laboratory for aquaculture biotechnology at the Division of Materials Chemistry. The successful candidate should have graduate degree and PhD in veterinary medicine or related sciences. The successful candidate should have experience in the application of microbiological techniques for isolation and/or diagnosis of diseases and working with aquatic bacteria and fungi. The candidate should have an active knowledge of written and spoken English and a category B driving licence. Preference will be given to applicants with experience in scientific research and working with aquatic organisms (fish, crustaceans, shellfish, algae). 1 position available; permanent.
Prerequisites for Appointment to Scientific Position:
In addition to the general conditions for employment, applicants must meet the requirements stipulated by the Scientific Activity and Higher Education Act and the Regulations on Supplementary Prerequisites for appointments to Scientific positions of the Ruđer Bošković Institute.
The following should be attached to the application form:
1. Biography—general information, data on education, acquired professional qualifications and doctoral degree, professional work experience
2. Evidence of academic degree and scientific title
3. Brief summary of scientific activities in the last position held
4. List of scientific papers and a list of the most cited papers works in accordance with Article 19, paragraph 1, item 10 of the Ordinance on additional conditions for elections to scientific positions
5. Data confirming that the additional prerequisites have been met for appointment to the scientific position from Article 5.-16. of the Regulations on Supplementary Prerequisites for appointments to Scientific positions, including data on total citations, average citations, citations in books, monographs, textbooks, on principal authorship and the journal impact factor and contacts of the collaboration representative or the main author (in case it is necessary to determine the contribution of the applicant in the creation of the work)
6. Abbreviated program (up to one page) of the planned research
7. A list of proposed foreign scientists, from whom the Appointment Commission shall request written recommendations for the candidate, as follows:
Applicants for appointment to the positions of research associate are required to attach – a list of two foreign scientists.
The appointment to a scientific position is for permanent employment.
If the candidate is an employee of the Ruđer Bošković Institute, he is obliged to enclose a Certificate of indexation and citation of papers, journal echo factors and h-index, and in other cases, the said Certificate will be obtained by an expert committee.
Applicants who have earned their higher educational qualifications outside Croatia must attach to their application for a scientific position the Ruling on the Recognition of Foreign Higher Educational Qualifications issued by the Agency for Science and Higher Education or a receipt for the submission of an Application for that.
An application for a hiring competition for a research position, together with the aforementioned required items and the title of the scientific position for which the applicant is applying must be submitted within a period of 30 days from the date of the announcement of the competition in Narodne novine [The Official Gazette of the Republic of Croatia] to the following address: Ruđer Bošković Institute, Human Resources Department, Bijenička cesta 54, Zagreb, and should be marked ''Za natječaj – Contest point 2 – Research Associate ” [Hiring Competition].
In accordance with Article 13 of the Gender Equality Act, persons of both sexes may compete in hiring competitions.
Regulations on Supplementary Prerequisites for Appointments to Scientific Positions and Excerpt from RBI Statute (Prerequisites for Appointment to the Professional Ranks and Positions) can be viewed on the website http://www.irb.hr/O-IRB-u/Administrativne-strucne-i-tehnicke-sluzbe/Natj... and http://www.irb.hr/O-IRB-u/Javni-dokumenti.
Late applications and applications without proof that the required prerequisites have been met will not be considered.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELMedical sciences: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
The successful candidate should have experience in the application of microbiological techniques for isolation and/or diagnosis of diseases and working with aquatic bacteria and fungi. The candidate should have an active knowledge of written and spoken English and a category B driving licence. Preference will be given to applicants with experience in scientific research and working with aquatic organisms (fish, crustaceans, shellfish, algae).
EURAXESS offer ID: 571827
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.