Day care, schooling & family related issues
The main goal of General Education is the comprehensive and harmonious development of mental, spiritual, physical, and social abilities of learners and children, formation of proper manners, and behavior. (The RA "Law on Education", Yerevan, 1999).
According to State General Education Curriculum, it is envisaged to implement the 12-year general secondary education in a three-tier secondary school in the following successive levels:
- Elementary school - 4 years (grades 1-4)
- Middle school - 5 years (grades 5-9)
- High school - 3 years (grades 10-12)
The Republic of Armenia declares universal inclusive education as a guarantee of the right to education for every child. The inclusive education policy is aimed at ensuring the accessibility, opportunity equal of participation in, and quality of education of every child.
The goal of higher professional education is the preparation and re-qualification of highly qualified specialists; meeting the needs of education development of a person based on secondary general and secondary vocational education.
The two-level qualification system of higher professional education is established within the Republic of Armenia.
The person has passed the final attestation is granted with:
- the Bachelor’s degree — at the first level
- the Master’s degree — at the second level
Post-graduate professional education is aimed at increasing the educational level and raising the scientific and pedagogical qualifications of persons with higher professional education.
Post-graduate professional education is provided in doctoral studies, medical internship, and residency medical training of higher education institutions and scientific organizations by educational programs of a researcher and residency medical practitioner.
The qualification degree of a researcher provided under postgraduate professional education is established in the Republic of Armenia, with duration of at least 3 years.
- For more information please visit MESCS
- For applications for foreign citizens and Armenian Diaspora applicants to study in educational institutions of the Republic of Armenia please visit MESCS
- For detailed and full access to educational centers and information please visit here
There are various kindergartens in Armenia where you can easily take your children if you have a residency permit. For viewing the list please visit here.
Unfortunately, the kindergarten online registration system is available only in the Armenian language, but you can easily contact for more information about the registration and availability.
Address: 1 Argishti str., Yerevan
Information Support Telephone: +374 11 514249
International preschool in Armenia:
Any person 18 years or older can apply for Armenian citizenship. Terms of acquiring or terminating Armenian citizenship are settled upon the Law of the Republic of Armenia on "Citizenship of the Republic of Armenia" and Governmental Decision N 1390-N (23 November, 2007).
General requirements are: legal residence in Armenia for the last 3 years, good knowledge of Armenian, acquaintance with the Constitution of Armenia.
Procedure of acquiring Armenian citizenship is simplified for ethnic Armenians, for spouses of Armenian citizens, for children of former Armenian citizens (must apply within 3 years after reaching adulthood – 18 years) and for persons who have terminated Armenian citizenship after the year of 1995. In these cases the requirements of legal residence and knowledge of Armenian do not apply.
Armenian citizenship can be awarded without any requirement to persons who have provided exceptional service to the Republic of Armenia.
Citizenship of Armenia is granted upon a decree of the President of the Republic of Armenia.
- For detailed information about the citizenship process please visit here.
- The Law of the Republic of Armenia on the Citizenship of the Republic of Armenia
Applying for Armenian citizenship If your spouse (wife/husband) has Armenian citizenship you can apply for Armenian citizenship when:
- after two years of being in a registered marriage. Besides, you will have to satisfy one of the following criteria:
- You have a common child with your spouse and your child is an Armenian citizen, or
- You have resided in Armenia for at least 365 days over the last two years.
- If your marriage was registered in a foreign country the marriage certificate will have to be legalized (Apostille or consular legalization) and translated into the Armenian language.
Please note that police and national security officers may check if you live with your spouse or the marriage is merely a sham.
Marriage Registration in Armenia
The marriage of the foreign citizens, stateless persons in the Republic of Armenia, the citizens of the Republic of Armenia permanently residing in a foreign state with each other or with the citizens of the Republic of Armenia is registered in the territorial body of the civil status acts registration upon permission from the Head of the Civil Status Acts Registration Agency of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Armenia.
For more information please visit the website of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Armenia.