ORGANISATION/COMPANYLeibniz Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops
RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciences › AgronomicsAgricultural sciences › Soil scienceBiological sciences › Biology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE09/12/2020 00:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONGermany › Großbeeren
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK20
OFFER STARTING DATE01/01/2021
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The Leibniz-Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops (IGZ) aims for excellence in horticultural research and related plant, environmental, nutritional and social sciences. IGZ is based in Großbeeren close to Berlin and is a member of the Leibniz Association (WGL). IGZ conducts strategic and international research for the sustainable production and use of vegetables, contributing to food security, human well-being and the conservation of natural resources. At IGZ, researchers from different disciplines work together on core-funded and grant-funded projects, in collaboration with national and international research partners.
Our group „Beneficial plant microbe interactions“ has continous expertise in research with focus on molecular and physiological processes in plant bacterial interactions. We are looking for a
Post-doctoral researcher (f,m,d) in agricultural biotechnolgy in Cameroon and Ghana
Reference number: 14/2020/2
The salary will be based on qualification and research experience according to the wage agreement TV-L, salary domain east, up to EG 13, 50% of the regular working time.
Employment will be available as soon as possible and will be initially until 31. August 2022 within a BMBF project.
- coordination and concept forming work for setting up and conducting biotechnical-, bacterial- and plant growth experiments in close collaboration with the University Buea (Cameroon), CSIR-Crops Research Institute in Ghana and with agricultural farms in Africa
- microbial analysis assessing vitality and plant growth-promoting activities including molecular gene expression studies
- production of publication quality research results while working independently and as a member of a team
- supervision of bachelor and master students
- advisory service in agricultural and horticultural practice in Cameroon and Ghana
We are looking for
- a PhD in biology, microbiology, agrar- or horticultural sciences or related areas
- experiences in collaboration with African partners
- understanding and personal experiences in African farming praxis
- excellent knowledge in bacteriology, plant physiology, plant production and molecular biology
- proved knowledge and experiences in field experiments and plant production
- capacity for teamwork within our group and with cooperation partners in biotechnology and farms
- excellent English communication skills
- some knowledge of German would be an advantage
- a demanding job in applied plant science
- an attractive workplace in the Berlin area
- flexible work practices in line with current health and safety regulations
Please send a strong motivation letter stating why this is an interesting topic for you and why you have the right attitude and expertise to make progress in this field. Also send your CV, copies of academic certificates and names of two referees.
Contact: PD Dr. Silke Ruppel (+49 (0)33701 78337, firstname.lastname@example.org)
The IGZ is an equal opportunity employer. Handicapped people with equal qualifications will be employed preferentially. The IGZ wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic background.
Please send your application citing the reference number by 09.12.2020 to: Personalbüro, Institute for Vegetable and Ornamental Crops, Theodor-Echtermeyer-Weg 1, D-14979 Großbeeren or online in pdf-format to email@example.com.
EURAXESS offer ID: 580397
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.