ORGANISATION/COMPANYSWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/12/2020 22:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Warszawa
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The SWPS University of Humanities and Social Sciences is a non-public university conducting research and offering practical and academic studies in Poland, in five lively cities: Warsaw, Wrocław, Sopot, Poznań and Katowice.
The university's teaching offer includes courses in social sciences, humanities, but also design and graphics. Our goal is to enrich our teaching and scientific offer and to develop other disciplines, including computer science.
The SWPS University team consists of more than 700 people – academics and employees of the business and organizational departments. The university is an attractive place for professional development and provides a system of attractive employee benefits. We create a diverse and collaborative environment of professionals who value working for students, creating knowledge and applying it in practise). The University's employees and collaborators are eminent scientists, successful practitioners, artists and representatives of the media world.
The Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities of SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities announces a competition for the position of research and teaching employee Assistant Professor or Associate Professor
- Conducting scientific research;
- Raising funds for scientific research;
- Publishing research results in ranked journals and monographs;
- Improving the research technique;
- Conducting classes (in Polish and English) for journalism students;
- Improvement of the academic teacher's method;
- Consulting study programs, readiness to undertake tasks related to student matters (eg completion of internships, etc.)
- Development of original curricula;
- Organisation of the teaching process;
- Organisation of scientific conferences and seminars.
- Competitive remuneration and a system of attractive benefits for the academic community
- Opportunities for professional development, including the development of teaching skills
- Flexible career paths
- Access to an internal grant system and professional support in the application and implementation of research and development projects
- The opportunity to work and develop in an interdisciplinary and friendly academic environment
- Contribution to the institutional culture that values openness, courage and responsibility.
- CV with a list of scientific, teaching and organisational achievements (with direct reference to the above mentioned eligibility criteria), as well as a description of other professional experience and interests.
- a copy of the documents certifying the academic degree of Phd or post-PhD
The applications should be sent electronically via the Application Form
Application deadline: 20 December 2020
Closing of the competition: 30 January 2021
Date of commencement of work: March or October 2021
- Scientific achievements - 70% of the score
- Teaching achievements - 20% rating
- Organisational and practical achievements - 10% of the score.
Composition of the Competition Committee:
Professor Mirosław Filiciak - Chair of the Committee
Professor Barbara Głębicka-Giza - Member of the Committee
Professor Mikołaj Cześnik - Member of the Committee
Paulina Kolańczyk-Zwierz - Committee Secretary
For any additional information please send an email to:firstname.lastname@example.org .
Link to the TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Competition Committee may contact the selected candidates only.
- Doctoral or postdoctoral degree in Social Communication and Media Science
- At least 3 years of experience in teaching classes in social communication and media;
- Organisational experience in e.g. teaching, projects;
Experience in obtaining and implementing national and foreign grants
Sufficient knowledge of the English language to conduct classes in this language.
EURAXESS offer ID: 579262
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.